Training of Trainers on the Core Humanitarian Standard | Geneva Humanitarian Connector
Training of Trainers on the Core Humanitarian Standard
Time and Date16 Oct 2017 - 19 Oct 2017
ParticipationUpon invitation/ application only
Event formatTraining/ course/ workshop
The purpose of this workshop is to build the capacity of organisation staff and consultants to facilitate training on the Core Humanitarian Standard. The workshop will be delivered in English.
Who should attend?
The first two days of the course will offer introductory sessions on the Core Humanitarian Standard. The third day will touch on training methodologies, and give time for participants to prepare for the fourth day, when participants will deliver sessions that they have developed themselves.
Pre-workshop assignments and background reading:
Participants are asked to (re)read the Core Humanitarian Standard and the accompanying Guidance Notes & Indicators in preparation for the workshop. We also recommend that they complete the e-learning module on the Core Humanitarian Standard.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Differentiate accurately between the humanitarian principles of humanity, impartiality, independence, and neutrality, and explain their importance.
• List the nine commitments of the Core Humanitarian Standard and explain how each contributes to the delivery of a quality humanitarian response.
• Give examples of good practice drawn from their own experience, from other participants and more widely from the sector.
• Act as advocates and peer leaders on the importance of quality, accountability and good people management in humanitarian action.
• Facilitate introductory training on the Core Humanitarian Standard within and/or beyond their own organisations.
The course fee includes facilitation, course materials, lunches and refreshments during the days of the course, and a course completion certificate. The course fee does NOT include the cost of overnight accommodation, breakfast, evening meals, or travel to and from the training venue. See event page for details.
Introduction to the Core Humanitarian Standard
Commitment 1 Appropriateness & relevance
Commitment 2 Effectiveness & timeliness
Commitment 3 Strengthening local capacities
Commitment 4 Participation & information sharing
Commitment 5 Complaints mechanisms
Commitment 6 Coordination & complementarity
Commitment 7 Learning & improvement
Commitment 8 People management
Commitment 9 Resource management
The Verification Framework
Writing learning objectives
Preparation for Day 4 training practice sessions
Participant training practice sessions
Feedback and reflection
Terms and conditions:
Please follow this link to see our terms and conditions for event bookings: http://www.chsalliance.org/event-terms-and-conditions
Maison Internationale de l'Environnement 2
Chemin de Balexert 7 (first floor, rooms 1-08)
CH - 1219 Châtelaine
Tel: +41 22 788 16 41
Fax: +41 22 797 38 61