Learning Stream on Humanitarian Coordination: NGO fora and consortia from local to global | Geneva Humanitarian Connector
Learning Stream on Humanitarian Coordination: NGO fora and consortia from local to global
Time and Date20 Jul 2017, 10:30-12:00
ParticipationPublic: Upon registration
Remote participation possible
Event formatBriefing/ lecture/ panel discussion
Aiming collectively for strengthened humanitarian coordination and response from local to global level, we are witnessing the increasing relevance of NGO fora and consortia at national, regional and global levels. Understanding how these fora and consortia function, and how NGOs can engage in these structures, will be the topic of the third session of the learning stream on humanitarian coordination, jointly organized by ICVA and PHAP.
In this session, participants will be provided with examples of good practice of NGO-led fora and consortia, highlighting the challenges and opportunities to engage for both local and international NGOs. Guest experts will explore their added value, and will answer live questions from participants throughout the session.
Read more about the event and register now at https://phap.org/20jul2017
- Understanding of the concept and diverse role of NGO fora and consortia
- Knowledge of the different forms of NGO fora and consortia
- Familiarity with the main NGO-led fora and consortia of international and regional relevance
- Awareness of the added value and trends for NGOs to engage in such fora and consortia
- Familiarity with sources of information on NGO-led fora and consortia
Thursday, 20 July 2017, 10:30 - 12:00 (Geneva time)
To see when the live session will take place in your time zone, click here.
Target audience and event access
The event is particularly targeted to those working in international and national NGOs engaged in humanitarian action, who are seeking for a stronger understanding of the various humanitarian coordination mechanisms. The event is also open to the public. In order to join the event, please register in advance at phap.org/20jul2017/register
- David Sogge, “New organisational frameworks: the importance of joint action,” Conference Report, Jornadas Eficacia del Desarrollo y ONGDs: renovando nuestro papel, 2011
- Kathrin Schick, “Humanitarian NGO Networks,” in Pat Gibbons et al, Working in Conflict - Working on Conflict: Humanitarian Dilemmas and Challenges, HumanitarianNet, University of Deusto, 2006 (pp. 95-103)
- NGO Coordination Resource Centre's website
To be announced soon
Executive Director, PHAP
Senior Policy Officer – Humanitarian Coordination, ICVA
Learning stream on humanitarian coordination
As part of the learning stream on humanitarian coordination, this event will be the third session of six live interactive online learning events that ICVA and PHAP will organize in the coming months with the purpose of providing NGOs and humanitarian workers with a stronger understanding of the humanitarian coordination mechanisms at global, regional, and country levels.
These events will be organized in line with the aims of the Geneva Humanitarian Connector, an initiative of PHAP supported by the Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs.
PHAP Credentialing Program
Understanding the Humanitarian Ecosystem
Geneva Humanitarian Connector
This event was made possible by ICVA and through the Geneva Humanitarian Connector, an initiative of PHAP supported by the Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs.
Learning Stream on Humanitarian Coordination: The IASC and the global humanitarian coordination architecture31 May 2017
Learning Stream on Humanitarian Coordination: The humanitarian coordination architecture at country and regional levels22 Jun 2017
14 Sep 2017
5 Oct 2017
16 Nov 2017