Advocacy for humanitarian projects in health (thematic short course) | Geneva Humanitarian Connector
Advocacy for humanitarian projects in health (thematic short course)
Time and Date8 Jan 2018 - 12 Jan 2018
ParticipationUpon invitation/ application only
Event formatTraining/ course/ workshop
Event feeYes (see event page)
You want to know how advocacy can be developed to improve health care for people in crises situations? This short course will be of interest for you: Improve your skills and discover new tools to develop effective advocacy strategies for humanitarian interventions in the area of health.
The course is delivered in partnership with Médecins sans Frontières (MSF).
Using lectures, case studies and discussions, the general objective of the seminar is for participants to acquire the tools and skills adapted for effective advocacy of humanitarian interventions in the area of health.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Elaborate an advocacy plan to support programmatic objectives in medical humanitarian interventions
- Define the principal steps for development and implementation of the advocacy plan
- Choose the appropriate methodology for advocacy efforts according to the targeted audiences
Learning outcomes in terms of knowledge
- Understanding of the different objectives and steps of an Advocacy strategy Argue the role of advocacy in the field of medical humanitarian actions
Learning outcomes in terms of skills
- Determine which advocacy efforts to build up in a specific circumstance
- Elaborate and implement an advocacy strategy to support programmatic objectives in medical humanitarian actions
- Use of a stakeholder mapping tool
Learning outcomes in terms of analytical competencies
- Identify appropriate activities and tools for advocacy according to the issue at stake in a given context
- Analyze the epidemiological situation and existing responses in the light of health policy
THEMATIC SHORT COURSE STRUCTURE
- One week intensive training (60 hours including private study)
- Oral or written exam, individually or in a group
- 2 ECTS credits may be awarded provided a post-course assignment is successfully completed
2 weeks before the start of the course
Note: If you need a visa, registration 6 weeks before the start of the course.